Sunday 11 March 2018

Thick Hair Problems

HAIR.
It's Short or long.
It's coloured or styled.
It's thin or THICK 😠

Ever since I was little I have detested my thick hair, I still do, but I have learnt to use try different styles more and at the end of the day its my hair and its like a love/hate relationship.

So Ladies & Gents I will present to you some of my thick hair problems.

(This blogpost contains my wit, British humour and general lightheartedness. Please do not take this seriously its me taking the mick out of my hair and I know there are serious problems out there.)


Rain & Wind

The two worst elements of weather when you have thick hair.
If I'm in the mood to style my hair I either straighten it or braid it however as soon as I step out the house BANG rain and wind.
Brilliant.
It's like mission impossible to go from the house to the car and then car to work. As soon as I step into work my hair looks like a bath bomb has fizzed in my hair and I look like Hermione Granger from Harry Potter.
The UK is known for rain and also the possibility of hundreds of Hermione Granger's walking around the UK after a rain shower!


The Knots and The Tangles

Ahh the knots and the tangles.
The worst of the worst for anyone's hair but with thick hair its a whole new level of oh my goodness.
The thought of waking up and thinking whoo I'm going to brush out a million knots and tangles today is not very appealing.
I really do not know how I get so many, my hair is washed and brushed everyday and yet as soon as I wake up the night tanglers have invaded my hair and create a mess for me to wake up to.
I have tried the Wet Brush and the Tangle Teezer which have both been life savers and right now its my only option.
I would definitely recommend those products if you are having problems everyday.


Straightening

People reading that are reading this section will agree this is like a chore for people with thick hair.
It really does feel like a chore and a few days ago I was straightening for a few hours and this was the result.


Either I am not good at straightening properly or it's my hair!
To be fair though, I was leaving to go out and I was rushing and my arms were aching.


The hairdressers

(drying my hair)
Hairdresser - "Your hair is so thick"
Me - "Yeah I know"
Hairdresser - "It's so lovely"
(Hour later)
Hairdresser - "It must take you ages to dry your hair"
Me - "yeah....it does"
Hairdresser - "Do you want it straightened?"
Me - " Yep"

The horror on the hairdresser's face is unreal.


Finding hair EVERYWHERE!

No matter where I look there is a piece of my hair everywhere I go and I have not idea how much my hair falls out sometimes.
It's in my car, my bed (obviously), all over the house and even when I'm stroking the dog I find a piece of my hair on him.


Let me know your thoughts and what rages you the most about your hair!

Thank you for reading!

Becky

x












SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© PerfumellaBecca
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig